Pune : deccan express – Two traders have been arrested for selling the banned nylon kite string. The action was taken by a squad of the Crime Branch Unit 1. Usage, sale and stocking of nylon kite strings is banned. However, it is still sold in Pune. The kite string is proving fatal for birds, animals and citizens.
The accused traders have been identified as Junaid Akbar Kolhapurwala (29), Adnan Asif Ali Syed (19), both residents of Ganesh Peth. They have been booked at the Faraskhana police station under the IPC sections 336, 118 and clauses 5 and 15 of Environment Protection Act.
The Crime Branch got a tip-off that the shopkeepers in Bohri Ali were selling the banned kite string. They confirmed the lead by sending a decoy customer to the shops and then raided them. The police seized 19 reels of nylon kite string and cash, totally worth Rs 49,960. They also arrested the shopkeepers.
The action was taken under the guidance of CP Amitabh Gupta, Joint CP Dr Ravindra Shisve, Addl CP Ramnath Pokale, DCP Srinivas Ghadge and ACP Gajanan Tompe. PI Shailesh Sankhe, PSI Sanjay Gaikwad, PSI Sunil Kulkarni, police personnel Ajay Jadhav, Ajay Thorat, Amol Pawar, Imran Shaikh, Tushar Malwadkar, Mahesh Bamgude, Mina Pinjan and Rukhsana Naddaf participated in the action.
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area