Pune : deccan express – Pune Crime | The Anti Extortion Cell of Pune Police have arrested Laxman Bhima Gaikwad (42), a resident of Tardobawadi, taluka Shirur in connection with sandalwood smuggling at Perne, taluka Haveli. (Pune Crime)
The police have seized 102.400-kg sandalwood and a car, totally worth Rs 5.59 lakh from Gaikwad. A case has been lodged at the Lonikand Police Station against Gaikwad.
Gaikwad was caught red-handed while transporting the sandalwood in his car. The police laid a trap at Perne Phata, where they came to know that Gaikwad would visit the locality on Pune-Ahmednagar road for the sale and purchase of sandalwood.
However, when the police stopped the car, Gaikwad drove past speedily. The police chased and finally nabbed him at Walke Vasti at Perne on Ahmednagar Road.
The action was taken on the directions of CP Amitabh Gupta, Joint CP Dr Ravindra Shisve, Addl CP Ramnath Pokale, DCP Sriniwas Ghadge, and ACP Laxman Borate. PI Balaji Pandhare, API Laxman Dhengale, and policemen Vijay Gurav, Pradeep Shitole, Shailesh Surve, Vinod Salunkhe, Rahul Uttarkar, Sangram Shingare, Saidoba Bhojrao, Amol Pilane, Praveen Padwal, Chetan Shirolkar, Pradeep Gade, Mohan Yelpalle, and Rupali Karnavar conducted the action.
Criminal cases were earlier registered against Gaikwad at various police stations, including Manchar Police Station of Pune Rural Police and Parner Police Station of Ahmednagar Police, in connection with sandalwood smuggling.
- Pune | Citizens will no longer be ready for lockdown now says, BJP state president Chandrakant Patil
- Rainfall predicted in Maharashtra from Thursday for four days
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president
- Maharashtra | No lockdown in state, but more restrictions to curb Covid cases
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh
- Road-Safety Violation: 85,000 two-wheeler riders fined by Pimpri Chinchwad Traffic Police for driving without a helmet
- Maharashtra | I always respond to criticism through my work, says CM Uddhav Thackeray