Pune : Deccan Express – Pune Crime | The Customs Department has seized 10 gold biscuits weighing 1 kg 166 gm smuggled from Duabi on a SpiceJet flight. (Pune Crime)
The flight arrived at the Pune international airport early morning on Friday. The plane was supposed to take a domestic route next. The Customs Department was checking the flight when it recovered the gold biscuits wrapped in a black polythene bag concealed below a seat. The gold is valued at Rs 61.70 lakh. However, it was not clear who smuggled in the yellow metal.
Two such smuggling cases were detected last month at the airport. A passenger had carried gold weighing 650 gm valued at Rs 30.45 lakh mixed in a paste and stuck to his shoes. He was arrested. Another passenger was trying to smuggle out foreign currency worth Rs 32 lakh from Pune.
- Cop on bandobast duty during CM’s visit seriously injured after auto-rickshaw hits him
- Warina Hussain Gets Brutally Trolled For Ganpati Darshan
- Hardened Pune criminal detained for a year at Mumbai Central Jail, CP Amitabh Gupta’s action against 76th goon under MPDA Act
- Giorgia Andriani Gets Lost In The Beauty Of Nature
- Four held for murder attempt on Hindu Rashtra Sena’s Hambir, assailants wanted to avenge a murder in Wadki