Pune : Deccan Express – Pune Crime | The police have arrested a notorious criminal for extorting Rs 30 lakh from two doctors based in Loni Kalbhor after threatening them. The accused has been identified as Mangesh Manik Kanchan (35), a resident of Pandharsthal, Uruli Kanchan who was caught red handed accepting the money. The action was taken on April 12 at Uruli Kanchan. (Pune Crime)
According to the police, Kanchan threatened the doctors that he will produce witnesses who will claim that they are carrying out sex determination tests and illegal abortions. He also told them that he had a video clip which he will give to the police and will implicate them in a false case. He asked for a ransom of Rs 30 lakh. The complainant filed a complaint at the Loni Kalbhor police station. Kanchan and his aide also threatened to kill the doctors and called them to his residence.
The police laid a trap and the police arrested Kanchan after seizing the ransom amount. The accused is a notorious criminal and 12 cases of serious robbery, kidnapping, attempted robbery and rape are registered against him at Yavat, Daund, Lonikand, Otur, Vimantal, Hinjewadi police stations. He was produced in the court and was remanded in police custody for five days. PSI Kiran Dhaygude is carrying out further investigation.
The action was taken by a team of police officials including Senior PI Rajendra Mokashi, PI Subhash Kale, PSI Amit Gore, PSI Kiran Dhaygude, constable Nitin Gaikwad, Sunil Shinde, Narendra Sonwane, police naik Srinath Jadhav, Sunil Naglot, policemen Ganesh Bhapkar, Rajesh Darade and Digambar Salunke under the guidance of CP Amitabh Gupta, Jt CP Dr Ravindra Shisve, Addl CP Namdev Chavan, DCP Namrata Patil and ACP Bajrang Desai.
- Hemant Rasne files petition in Bombay High Court against PMC
- Sachin Vaze pattern being implemented in Solapur, alleges RTI activist; police reject allegations
- Notorious criminal detained for one year at Aurangabad jail; CP Amitabh Gupta acts against 61 persons under MPDA Act in 1 year
- Bombay HC provides relief to Union Minister Narayan Rane
- PMC to conduct audit of all amenity spaces, jolt to corporators managing them
- Rs 12 crore sanctioned for supplying power to settlements near 24 villages in Mulshi, Velhe and Haveli talukas