Pune : Deccan Express – Pune Crime | An action of detainment for one year under the MPDA Act has been taken against a person who was illegally selling country liquor in the jurisdiction of Sahakar Nagar police station. Police Commissioner Amitabh Gupta has taken action against 61 persons under the MPDA Act. (Pune Crime)
The detained criminal has been identified as Chandrakant alias Chander Basu Chavan (49), a resident of Balaji Nivas, KK Market, Gate number 1, near nala, Balajinagar, Pune. He has been detained for one year at Aurangabad jail.
Chandrakant alias Chander Basu Chavan is a notorious criminal on police record and was illegally selling country liquor in the limits of Sahakar Nagar police station with the help of his aides. Six cases have been registered against him. His criminal actions were posing a threat to the health, lives and property of the local residents. Since he had created terror in the area, no one dared to complain against him.
Police Commissioner Amitabh Gupta after examining the proposal and verifying the documents ordered an action of detainment of one year against Chavan. The action was taken by Senior Police Inspector Swati Desai of Sahakar Nagar police station and Senior Police Inspector Vaishali Chandgude.
The police commissioner has taken the action of detainment against 61 people in the last year. The police have emphasised that such action will continue to be taken against notorious criminals. The Pune police are geared up to tackle the threat posed by criminals. Accordingly, the action is being taken under MCOCA, externment and detention.
- Corona warriors of Nandurbar police and health department felicitated
- Udayanraje Bhosale’s mind is going astray, says Shivendra Raje
- Slum residents received their new homes designed with Community Design Agency and Snehalaya under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
- Jolt for BJP in PCMC: BJP corporators Ravi Landge and Sanjay Newale resign
- Medical superintendent of Bhor arrested for taking bribe