Pune : Deccan Express Pune Crime | A loan disbursement officer at the Laxmi road branch of Bank of Baroda misused his position and duped the bank of Rs 32.16 lakh. An offence has been registered against Mithul Shantilal Patel at the Vishrambaug police station under sections 420, 406 of the IPC.
Mangesh Chandrakant Kulkarni (56), a resident of Sinhagad road, lodged a complaint at the Vishrambaug police station in this regard. Mithul Patel, a resident of Neha Classic , Kakade Vasti, Pune has been booked. The incident took place between December 28, 2018 and July 22, 2019.
According to API Tukaram Nimbalkar, Patel was the loan disbursement officer in the Laxmi road branch of Bank of Baroda. He misused his position and transferred money from seven account holders to his and his wife’s account. Thus, he cheated the bank and its customers of Rs 32.16 lakh.
The matter was revealed during the bank audit. API Tukaram Nimbalkar is investigating further.
Web Title : Pune Crime | Loan disbursement officer dupes Bank of Baroda of Rs 32.16 lakh
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Hemant Rasne files petition in Bombay High Court against PMC
- Sachin Vaze pattern being implemented in Solapur, alleges RTI activist; police reject allegations
- Notorious criminal detained for one year at Aurangabad jail; CP Amitabh Gupta acts against 61 persons under MPDA Act in 1 year
- Bombay HC provides relief to Union Minister Narayan Rane
PMC Property Tax | 40 pc rebate in property tax cancelled: Puneites shocked by huge bills; political parties keep mum
- Pune Anti Narcotics Cell seizes gutkha worth Rs 4 lakh