Pune : deccan express –Pune Crime | A hardened criminal who was spreading terror within the jurisdiction of the Bibvewadi police station has been placed under detention under the Maharashtra Prevention of Dangerous Activities (MPDA) Act. (Pune Crime)
Commissioner of Police Amitabh Gupta took this action against 54 goons in the past one year. The notorious goon has been identified as Saurabh Sharad Shinde (20), a resident of Bibvewadi. He has been detained under the MPDA Act for one year at the Nagpur jail.
Serious offences have been registered against Shinde and his accomplices within the jurisdiction of the Sinhagad road police station. The serious offences include attempt to murder by carrying lethal weapons, causing serious injury with dangerous weapons, illegal possession of arms, dacoity attempt, etc. He was booked in six serious crimes in the past five years.
CP Amitabh Gupta approved a proposal in this regard after scrutinising documents under the MPDA Act. Senior PI Sunil Zaware and Senior PI Vaishali Chandgude took this action.
CP Amitabh Gupta took this action against 54 criminals in the past one year. The police said they will continue to act against habitual and hardened criminals in the future also. They are doing all possible to curb criminal activities in the city. Actions have been taken under the MCOCA and MPDA Act.
- Karuna Munde to meet Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Wardha Car Accident | BJP MLA’s son, 6 other medical students die as their car plunges into river in Wardha district
- Pune News | Puneite Jui Keskar gets Prime Minister National Child Award 2022; Shivangi Kale, Jiya Rai, Swayam Patil are other winners from Maharashtra
- Koregaon police arrest Bharat Gandhi, Dilip Oswal arrested for unnatural sex with a 42-year-old woman
- Parents should send children to school without worrying: Rajesh Tope