Pune: Deccan Express – Pune Crime | The daughter-in-law of Alandi Municipal Council’s President Vaijayanti Ashok Umargekar has committed suicide by hanging herself. She has been identified as Priyanka Abhishek Umargekar (22). (Pune Crime)
According to the police, Priyanka had got married to Ashok eight months ago. Since it was a wedding in the family of Alandi Municipal Council’s BJP President Vaijayanti Umargekar, many political leaders were present.
Priyanka Umargekar committed suicide in her residence located on Markal Road on Sunday evening by hanging herself. The neighbours informed the police about the incident. The police immediately reached the spot and sent the body for post-mortem after conducting a panchnama.
Priyanka was the daughter of PCMC corporator Kamal Anil Gholap. The reason why Priyanka committed suicide is not clear.
- Pune PMC News | Kasba Peth branch of BJP ruling the roost in PMC for 5 years agitates for civic amenities
- Pune PMC News | TDR process being simplified further from Friday
- Pune Pimpri Crime | 30-year-old man arrested in Pune for raping 13-year-old girl
- Kolhapur Crime | 36-year-old man arrested for raping 6-year-old girl in Kolhapur district
- Solapur Crime | Harassed by wife, young businessman commits suicide in Barshi
- Pune Crime | CISF jawan, woman colleague posted at Lohegaon airport end life