Pune : deccan express – Pune Crime | A court has rejected the bail application of MG Enterprises promoter Alnesh Akil Somji in a cheating case, in which investors were promised 24% returns p.a. on their investments. (Pune Crime)
Alnesh Somji and his wife Dimple are the accused in the offence registered at the Koregaon Park police station. A lookout notice was issued against them by the police to stop the couple from leaving the country on October 29, 2021. The couple was arrested from the Delhi airport by the Anti-Extortion Cell of Pune police. They were brought to Pune and produced before the court, which sent them to police custody. Alnesh Somji was sent to the Yerawada jail. He applied for bail through his legal counsel.
Hearing was conducted before the court on his bail plea. The bail application was strongly opposed by public prosecutor Maruti Wadekar and complainants Rutik Sanghvi, Shailendra Sanghvi, Maya Chawala, Kiran Shetty and Nizar Mewani and their legal counsels, respectively, Adv Sudhir Shah, Adv Rahul Deshmukh, Adv Hrishikesh Ghorpade and Adv Prasad Kulkarni.
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Baba Bhide Bridge will be demolished under Riverfront Development Project
- Railway Budget : Rs 31 crore for Pune railway station, Rs 21 crore for Hadapsar terminal
- No more tunic uniform for police officers from the ranks of DySP to PSI, DGP Sanjay Pandey issues order
- SC and HSC exams will be conducted offline : State Board chariman Sharad Gosavi
- 570 hearing and speech impaired people cheated; Suyog Mehta, Abhizar Ghodnadiwala, Pradip Kolte, Chanchal Mehta, Mihir Gokhale, Dhananjay Jagtap arrested
- Aditya Thackeray to visit Pune ahead of civic polls on Feb 6-7
- Vishrantwadi police arrest four for stealing 4-kg jewellery worth Rs 85 lakh