Pune : deccan express – Pune Crime | Around 570 hearing and speech impaired people have been cheated on the pretext of doubling their investments within two months. Particularly, the accused are also hearing and speech impaired.
Six people have been arrested in this regard. The police have appealed to the investors, who have received more money than their investment to return it. The police have warned them that they would take legal action, if they fail to do so.
The arrested have been identified as Suyog Sudhir Mehta (23) of Dhayari, Abhizar Saufuddin Ghodnadiwala (32) of Salukhe Vihar, Pradip Maharudra Kolte (29) of Walhekarwadi, Chanchal Suyog Mehta (32) of Dhayari, Mihir Santosh Gokhale (35) of Sadashiv Peth and Dhananjay Sudamrao Jagtap (35) of Katraj.
Hershal Shantaram Pinjan (40) of Dehu Road lodged a complaint at the Shivajinagar police station in this regard. The accused are lodged in the Yerawada jail.
The Pune Police Crime Branch Economic Offences Wing (EOW) investigated the case. The accused set up firms named Suyo & Abhi Enterprises and Platinum Investment and Finance Global Solutions. They collected crores of rupees from hearing and speech impaired people from various states in bank accounts of the companies. Of this money, they used some amount to invest in forex trading while some amount they used for their personal expenses. Initially, they used some amount to pay double amount to their investors.
The companies’ bank statements showed that they paid 100% returns to some of the investors, friends and relatives. Some investors have returned the money to the Pune police Crime Branch. They handed over demand drafts to the District Judge, Pune issued in the court’s name. Over Rs 12.27 lakh have been returned by investors.
The EOW appealed to the investors to deposit the surplus amount, which is more than the principal amount, in the form of a demand draft issued in the name of ‘District Judge Pune’. This will help in refunding the hearing and speech impaired investors, who lost their money. The police also warned of legal action if anyone failed to deposit the surplus amount.
- Karuna Munde to meet Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Wardha Car Accident | BJP MLA’s son, 6 other medical students die as their car plunges into river in Wardha district
- Pune News | Puneite Jui Keskar gets Prime Minister National Child Award 2022; Shivangi Kale, Jiya Rai, Swayam Patil are other winners from Maharashtra
- Koregaon police arrest Bharat Gandhi, Dilip Oswal arrested for unnatural sex with a 42-year-old woman
- Parents should send children to school without worrying: Rajesh Tope
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield