Pune : deccan express – A 50-year-old woman was hacked to death with an axe over an old minor dispute at Karhavagaj in Baramati taluka on Sunday afternoon. The victim has been identified as Gangubai Tatyaram More.
According to sources from the police department, a complaint has been lodged by Gangubai’s daughter-in-law Pramila Pramod More in this regard. The complainant’s parents-in-law had a minor dispute with their neighbour Kiran Dada More a couple of years ago. Both the sides were pacified then by other villagers. Police complaint was not filed in the matter then.
Since then the neighbouring families were not on talking terms with each other. On Sunday afternoon, Gangubai’s family had lunch. Her son Pramod went to Baramati for some work. Gangubai went to another neighbour Kantilal More’s courtyard, along with her two grandsons. Around 2.30 pm, Kiran More was seen carrying an axe towards Kantilal’s house, where he struck Gangubai’s head with the axe.
Gangubai immediately collapsed on the ground. The complainant saw this and raised the alarm and tried to snatch away the axe from Kiran’s hand. He pushed her aside and hit Gangubai’s chest with the axe. He charged at the complainant also.
The accused then escaped towards their farms leaving his footware behind. The complainant called up her husband and informed about the incident. The police immediately arrived at the spot. Gangubai’s family insisted that her body would not be moved till the culprit is caught. However, the police persuaded them and conducted the post mortem at the government hospital in Baramati. Later, Kiran More was arrested. API Mahesh Vidhate gave these details.
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area