Pandharpur : deccan express – A youth died by suicide in Pandharpur because he was fed up of harassment by a money lender. The youth had borrowed money from a moneylender and kept his house as mortgage.
The moneylender sold the house without informing the youth and he was shocked by the moneylender’s decision.
A case has been registered against the moneylender at the Pandharpur city police station. Santosh Prakash Salunkhe had borrowed money from private moneylender Shekhar Kundarkar, Suvarna Ankush Bidkar and Ankush Rama Bidkar (All residents of Anil Nagar, Pandharpur) on interest. Santosh had repaid the money with the interest.
The three beat up Santosh demanding more interest and sold the house which Santosh had kept as mortgage. Santosh was shocked by the moneylender’s decision and took the extreme step. The accused Shekhar Dattatray Kundarkar has been arrested and was remanded to five-day police custody by a court.
A businessman died by suicide in August 2021 in Yavatmal. Tushar Manikrao Sathvane used to deal in modular furniture and had a shop in Vadgaon area. His shop was closed during lockdown and he had borrowed Rs 2 lakh from a moneylender Tati Palumwar.
He had promised Palumwar that he will return the money after his business becomes normal. However, the moneylender started demanding money from Tushar and also humiliated him.
Tushar was finding it difficult to manage household expenses. A despondent Tushar died by suicide at his residence.
- Rashmi Thackeray may become new Shiv Sena president
- Maharashtra | No lockdown in state, but more restrictions to curb Covid cases
- Hinjawadi police | Case filed against man for cheating Tathawade-based company of Rs 4.67 lakh
- Road-Safety Violation: 85,000 two-wheeler riders fined by Pimpri Chinchwad Traffic Police for driving without a helmet
- Maharashtra | I always respond to criticism through my work, says CM Uddhav Thackeray