Kolhapur : deccan express – Kolhapur Crime | A girl student from a college in Kolhapur committed suicide due to harassment by a school teacher. The teacher was constantly pestering her on social media to marry him. Fed up with this, she consumed poison six days ago. The teacher has been arrested.
The victim died while undergoing treatment at a hospital. The incident happened at Arjunwada in Kagal taluka of the district. The victim was identified as Akansha Tanaji Satvekar (19). The Murgud police registered an offence against the teacher and suspect Amit Bhimrao Kumbhar.
According to the police, Amit Kumbhar, a resident of Arjunwada, is a teacher in a school at Mugali. He was harassing Akansha by frequently calling her up and sending messages on social media. He sent her a message asking her to marry him. He said he would leave his wife and children, if she married him.
Fed up with his harassment, Akansha consumed poison at her home on January 22. She was later shifted to the government hospital, where she breathed her last. In her dying statement given to the police, she said she wanted to end her life as Amit Kumbhar harassed her constantly.
- Karuna Munde to meet Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Wardha Car Accident | BJP MLA’s son, 6 other medical students die as their car plunges into river in Wardha district
- Pune News | Puneite Jui Keskar gets Prime Minister National Child Award 2022; Shivangi Kale, Jiya Rai, Swayam Patil are other winners from Maharashtra
- Koregaon police arrest Bharat Gandhi, Dilip Oswal arrested for unnatural sex with a 42-year-old woman
- Parents should send children to school without worrying: Rajesh Tope
- Central Railway leads in Conservation of Environment- Bags the prestigious Environment and Cleanliness Shield