Pune : Deccanexpress – The Hinjewadi police have arrested four persons for possessing mephedrone drug. Goods worth Rs one lakh have been seized from the accused. The police have filed a case under NDPS Act against Umed Mohajam Shaikh, Nihal Rasulla Shaikh, Abdul Qadir Sayyad and Amit Talaram Bhate at the Hinjewadi police station and arrested them.
Police Constable Rajendra Sitaram Kurne has filed a complaint at the Hinjewadi police station. The police have arrested Umed Shaikh (21), a resident of Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Nihal Shaikh (21), a resident of Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Abdul Sayyad (23), a resident of Mayur Plorama, Nehru Nagar, Pimri, Amit Bhate (25), a resident of Vinode Vasti, Hinjewadi. The action was carried out at Tathwade on the old Pune-Bengaluru Highway on April 26 (Tuesday).
According to the police, the accused hatched a plan and were in possession of mephedrone drug. When the police came to know, they laid a trap near the water tank in Tathwade and arrested four people. When they were searched, they found 1 gm and 490 ml of mephedrone drug. The police have seized goods worth Rs one lakh including a two-wheeler.
PSI Yashwant Salunke is investigating the case.
Web Title : Hinjewadi police arrest four persons for possessing mephedrone drug
- Hemant Rasne files petition in Bombay High Court against PMC
- Sachin Vaze pattern being implemented in Solapur, alleges RTI activist; police reject allegations
- Notorious criminal detained for one year at Aurangabad jail; CP Amitabh Gupta acts against 61 persons under MPDA Act in 1 year
- Bombay HC provides relief to Union Minister Narayan Rane
PMC Property Tax | 40 pc rebate in property tax cancelled: Puneites shocked by huge bills; political parties keep mum
- Pune Anti Narcotics Cell seizes gutkha worth Rs 4 lakh