Pune : deccan express – The Anti-Corruption Bureau, Pune’s Kolhapur unit has arrested the Radhanagari-Kagal SDO and Pharali village sarpanch while accepting a bribe of Rs 5.50 lakh.
The accused have been identified as SDO Prasenjit Babanrao Pradhan (49), a resident of Kolhapur, hailing from Beed, and sarpanch Sandip Jayawant Davar, of Pharali, Radhanagari, Kolhapur. The duo demanded a bribe of Rs 11 lakh to avoid an action as per a notice issued to the complainant.
The complainant runs a crusher and was served a notice from the SDO and the gram panchayat to shut its operations. Pharali sarpanch Davar demanded a bribe of Rs 1 lakh for himself and Rs 10 lakh for SDO Pradhan from the complainant to avoid action.
Pradhan confirmed the bribe demand and told the complainant to hand it over to Davar. The complainant alerted the ACB, which cross-checked the bribe demand on January 8-9. It was confirmed that the bribe was demanded.
Davar accepted the first instalment of Rs 5.50 lakh on Sunday and was caught red-handed. Later, Pradhan was arrested.
ACB, Pune SP Rajesh Bansode, Addl SP Suraj Gurav, Addl SP Suhas Nadgauda guided the action. ACB, Kolhapur DySP Adinath Budhwant, PI Nitin Kumbhar, police personnel Ajay Chavan, Sharad Pore, Mayur Desai, Rupesh Mane, Amar Bhosale, Vikas Mane and Navnath Kdam participated in the action.
- Police Inspector Transfer | 11 PIs, 2 APIs, 9 PSIs transferred in Pimpri Chinchwad
- Action under MCOCA likely against BJP MLA Girish Mahajan, 50 Pune police personnel reach Jalgaon
- Pune police intensify action against citizens not wearing masks, over Rs 26 crore recovered in fine till date
- PMC | Regularisation of gunthewari constructions begins on January 10 in Pune
- Satara | Mild tremors felt in Koyna Dam area