Mumbai : deccan express – Anti Corruption Bureau | The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) arrested red-handed an assistant police inspector (API) and another person for demanding a bribe of Rs 20,000 for not taking action in a matka (illegal gambling) case. After a compromise, he agreed to accept Rs 18,000 through a mediator.
The accused have been identified as API Sanjeev Honaji Nimbalkar (50) and Mohammad Ali Wali Mansuri (41). The API is attached to the Dongri police station.
According to the details given by the police, API Nimbalkar and his colleagues raided a matka den under the jurisdiction of the Dongri police station. The complainant’s brother was arrested as he was carrying a matka bet chit. Nimbalkar contacted the complainant through a mediator. He demanded Rs 20,000 for not taking action. The complainant approached the ACB, which cross-checked the veracity of the complaint. It was confirmed that Nimbalkar had demanded the bribe. A trap was set at the Dongri police station. He was arrested while accepting Rs 18,000 through the mediator.
Join our Telegram, facebook page and Twitter for every update
- Karuna Munde to meet Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Wardha Car Accident | BJP MLA’s son, 6 other medical students die as their car plunges into river in Wardha district
- Pune News | Puneite Jui Keskar gets Prime Minister National Child Award 2022; Shivangi Kale, Jiya Rai, Swayam Patil are other winners from Maharashtra
- Koregaon police arrest Bharat Gandhi, Dilip Oswal arrested for unnatural sex with a 42-year-old woman
- Parents should send children to school without worrying: Rajesh Tope