The State Bank of India (SBI) has released a notification in which it has said that the SBI account holders will need to mandatorily link their account with the Aadhaar card.
The State Bank of India in a tweet said that “We would like to inform our customers that Aadhaar Card seeding is mandatory for those desirous of receiving any benefits or subsidy from Govt. of India through Direct Benefit Transfer”.
Check if your Aadhaar card is linked to the bank account
– Visit the website www.uidai.gov.in
– Search for the Aadhar services section and click on My Aadhar to check Aadhar/ Bank Account Linking Status
– Enter your Aadhaar card number
– You will get OTP on your registered mobile number, enter it and log in.
There are many ways in which users can link their bank account to their Aadhaar card.
SBI Internet Banking
-Visit SBI’s website www.onlinesbi.com
-Navigate to “Link your Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts”.
-On the next page, select the Account number, input the Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
-The last 2 digits of the registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to you.
-Status of mapping will be advised to you on your registered mobile number.
SBI Anywhere App
-Login to SBI Anywhere App
-Click on ‘Requests’
-Click on ‘Aadhaar’
-Click on ‘Aadhaar Linking’
-Select your CIF from the drop-down list
-Enter your Aadhaar number
-Select T&C and submit
-You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.
– Insert your credit/debit card in SBI ATM and enter your PIN.
– Go to the Service menu and then select Registrations
– Select your account type (Savings/Current) and enter your Aadhaar number
– The system will ask you to re-enter your Aadhaar number
– You will receive a system-generated SMS on your registered mobile number. The status of seeding will be elaborated there.
SBI Branch near you
You will need to visit your nearest SBI branch. You will need to carry a copy of your Aadhaar card with you. You will need to fill in an application for linking Aadhaar with your account. Users will need to submit the application with the necessary details and a xerox of their Aadhaar card. The linking process will be initiated by the bank and you receive an SMS on your registered mobile number which will give you the status of your seeding.